Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Cllr. Mrs. Gimes

Councillor Mrs. Gimes Councillor Mrs. Gimes

Cllr Mrs. Gimes - DPI link

I became a Parish Councillor in Minster in 2015 and in May, 2017, I was elected as the Chairman, when Councillor Bob Grove decided to step down.

I was brought up in Canterbury and had family connections in Thanet. I served 30 years as a Police Officer throughout Kent and thoroughly enjoyed the work. I spent time in C.I.D. and uniform, including periods of duty in Thanet at various ranks before finally ending up as Superintendent. I was then appointed as Area Commander in Thanet, and was the first female Area Commander in Kent.

I spend a great deal of my time with family, having 3 sisters and 6 nieces and nephews, who in turn have 7 children between them. I married a Police officer and have two step children and 6 step grandchildren.  

When I retired my husband and I moved to the Scottish Highlands for 6 years. This was a wonderful experience but it was a long way from our family so we decided it was time to return to Kent and we moved to Minster 4 years ago.

I enjoy walking in our lovely countryside and on the beach with our two dogs. We also have 4 hens providing plenty of eggs to use in baking cakes, which I do when I have time.

I had no plans to become a councillor but the prospect of various developments in the area fired my interest in local issues and I decided to take a more active part in our community so became a councillor.

I hope to steer the council to follow a course which will benefit the residents as I believe that the future of Minster matters to us all. I am aware that the next few years will see many changes in the area so I look forward to working with everyone to preserve the quality of life and values held so dear in this community.

Cllr. Mrs. Penny Gimes (Chair)

Committees: Ex Officio - Outside Bodies: Minster School

Tel: 07500 554 510

To contact Cllr. Gimes please complete the relevant boxes below

If you have any documentation you wish to send with your message, please attach it here: