Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Cllr. Owen

Councillor Owen Councillor Owen

Cllr Owen - DPI link

I’m a Sandwich lad born and bred, 71yrs old (October 2108). I have lived in Minster since 1982 with my wife Jenny, we have 2 children and 5 grandchildren. I was a Chatham Dockyard Apprentice, qualified Motor Transport Fitter, and have had a variety of employers including 5 years in the RAF. I finally ended up at British Bakeries as a Charge Hand Fitter and took additional training there as a Computer Technician.

I joined MPC as a Cllr in 1984 for 3 years but work commitments meant I didn't have time to do the position justice, I also did 2 years as Clerk to MPC in 2003/5.

I became Editor of Minster Matters in 2006 (now Co-Editor since May 2018), I sit on both the Minster Show and Community Choir (Village Voices) Committees plus I monitor the village CCTV on behalf of the Parish Council. Further to that I run the local loan scheme for mobility aids and I'm very grateful to those residents who have either found me storage or donated equipment.  I also have numerous other hobbies and interests including running 6 online ‘reuse’ (Freegle) groups (I also sit on the Freegle UK Board), and I enjoy collecting diecast models. I am involved in all manner of other activities in and around Minster, including running the local online ‘Nextdoor’ neighbourhood site.

I ran in Ramsgate with the Olympic torch in 2012 thanks to residents of Minster who nominated me.

I became a Parish Councillor for the second time in 2017 to try to help improve our village and the lives of our residents.

Cllr. Ray Owen

Committees: Operations, Planning, Highways, GDPR

Tel: 07914 623 287

If you wish to contact Cllr. Owen please complete the relevant boxes below:

If you have any documentation you wish to send with this message. please attach it here: